Saturday, March 14, 2009

Vending Machines Italian Style


For the past two years, I've had a particularly soft spot for vending machines. It started when I visited Tokyo with nothing, just the clothes I wore and a purse. I wanted to survive only purchasing necessities via vending machines. To this day, I can't pass a vending machine anywhere in the world without inspecting it and its contents. I actually own two vending machines at home. One is filled with nothing but American candy. It's popular among my daughter's college crowd. 

Around the corner where I'm living here in Rome, is a vending shop -- nothing but machines, all selling something to eat or drink. Actually, it's a "pecado," a pity, since there are hundreds of fabulous eateries every few feet with fresh, fatto a casa (homemade) goodies. 

But back to vending. My friend Mary Jo knows my passion for the vending life. She found this article (see link) about Italy's vending life and pizza. Mama mia!

3 comments:

  1. Please post a picture of the vending shop. I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. machines are many types,electronic machines,diesel machines etc.that's very impotent for our life.EOT Cranes every work do with machines.Today's modern vending machines are equipped with sensors that detect when product passes to the receiving drawer. Even the snack machines have these now. It's a wonder that someone didn't figure that out earlier.

    ReplyDelete