Friday, March 13, 2009

Gelato!



I'm afraid I'm a addict. I can't pass a gelati shop without an internal argument. I'm in Italy; I deserve this. It's ice cream; it's fattening. It's delicious. It's, as my mother would say, poison. But there are 30 flavors sometimes and some gelaterias offer more than 60 flavors like the shop I went to today -- pistachio, coconut, raspberry, lemon, hazelnut -- how can I say no. I can't say no. So I'm limiting myself to one galato each day -- piccolo, small. Less than two euro. Dividing the number of days by the flavors of gelati, I won't taste them all. It's a sacrifice, but what can I do. 

NOTE: Just so the tourist know, many of the less fancy gelaterias have light-up three scoop sign above their shops. 

3 comments:

  1. Loved all your adventures in restaurant and outside. Make sure Lisa takes you to the gelato place around the corner from her apartment. We have had all the bus experiences too including the one where they get about 10 miles away from the apartment, its close to midnight and say "everyone off the bus, we are on strike now!!!" Eat some gelato for me!! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, I wish I was there, I love Ice cream, specially Pistachio, have one for me please and let me know how it taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites: marron glace, meringue, & limoncello!

    ReplyDelete