Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dead Man Walking.


I can't help it, but I'm just really clumsy. If I don't watch exactly where I'm walking, I will fall. And it's actually not a trip unless I actually do trip. In Jodhpur I fell in the market. In Florida I fell in the shower. I almost fell all over Tokyo. In Rome, old Rome especially (I'm living and working in Medieval Rome), the streets are all cobblestone. Uneven, stones missing, loose cobbles, cobblestone. I, in my cooking clogs (black patent leather Dansko clogs -- lovely), am just a step away from a bad experience and definite inconvenience. As Romans (mostly the young ones) traipse in stiletto heels, I'm barely vertical in my unstylish, sensible shoes. I've heard that humans have two natural fears. One of loud noises and the other of falling. E vero.

No comments:

Post a Comment