Friday, April 3, 2009

The 8th Hill of Rome



The third night in Rome Lisa took me to an amazing party. The guest of honor was CSI New York's Hill Harper (click on the title above this post and you'll get more info about Hill Harper). Harper plays Dr. Sheldon Hawkes, the coroner on the show and was in Rome to speak to kids about ... oh I don't know. But the Embassy was throwing a bash for him and my well-connected friend Lisa was invited.

The party was teeming with celebs -- Italian actors, TV personalities, movie directors, singers, big time judges, US Embassy folk, Hill Harper and me. 

Long story short, I found Hill and we talked and talked. I whipped out my new FLIP video camera, handed it to who knows who and told them to start recording. I told Hill that my daughter Raquel's favorite show is CSI (it's absolutely true) and that's she's studying theatre at Columbia in Chicago. He said he was just at Columbia a few months ago talking at the college. 

Raquel later told me that Hill is pals with Barack Obama (she thinks they went to Harvard together -- Hill is a Harvard Law School grad). He sent a shout out to Raquel telling her to stick with acting! 

Well, in 2004, Hill was named one of People Magazine's sexiest men alive. And, honey, he is! Check him out here with yours truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment