Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dancing Queen

If there is a theme song to my experience in Rome, it's Abba's "Dancing Queen." In fact Abba's greatest hits was always playing in the background somewhere in the restaurant.  Chef Paolo would connect his cell-phone to small speakers in the kitchen and kick on the tunes. Everyone in the kitchen would sing along. 

Chef Paolo, a musician as well as a chef, would begin to cook and dance at the same time. I called him the dancing chef. At times he would get wild, tossing pasta, creating sauces, grilling and sauteeing, with feet and head moving in rhythm to the beat. 

I tried to videotape Paolo (I wanted to secretly post it on YouTube), but each time I whipped out my Flip camcorder, he suddenly became shy. 

Occasionally when it became too loud in the kitchen, what with all the singing and dancing, someone would peek into the kitchen and tell us "basso" -- quiet! 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Annabel,

    i haven't found a contact form or an email address, so I post my question as a comment. Please delete later.

    I noticed your blog about Rome.
    I'm already following your blog a while and let me tell you how much I envy you to live in Rome.

    I'm living in Düsseldorf, Germany and have a blog on my own: www.ombelico.de. My blog is in general about all aspects of Italy, with some sort of focus on Jovanotti and Rome.

    Since I noticed that there are a lot of interesting blogs about Italy in German and English language around, I had the idea of developing a feature in which every week/month a blog and it's author will be introduced. Therefore I’m currently contacting some blog authors.
    The feature has already started: http://ombelico.de/tags/vorgestellt/

    I wanted to ask you if you would like to participate in a feature-posting about your blog.
    Just some questions about you and your blog. If you want you may send me also a picture of you or whatever might be appropriate.
    Please see my questions below. Be as open or cautious with your answers. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

    BTW: You might have noticed that my blog is German. Nevertheless I’ll post your answers in English.

    BTW 2: This is not about backlinking. If you want to, feel free to do so, but my goal is to introduce some interesting Italy related blogs to my readers and let the authors have their say.

    1) Please introduce yourself (Name, Location, Age, where do you come from)

    2) Which countries/cities have you lived in?

    3) What is your blog about?

    4) Why are you blogging? Do you have any goals with it?

    5) Your favorite Italian meal?

    6) What is your favorite Italian song?

    7) Do you have recommended links concerning the subject of your blog or Italy in general?

    8) Anything to add?


    Best regards
    André

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete